Welcome to the Washington State Coalition For Language Access
Interpreters, Translators, and Providers Working Together to Ensure Language Access For Limited English Proficient Individuals in Washington State.
What is WASCLA?
WASCLA, or the Washington State Coalition for Language Access, is an organization consisting of legal professionals, advocates, law enforcement personnel, interpreters/translators, and court personnel who are dedicated to assisting state and local agencies within the State of Washington to understand and comply with their obligations under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
WASCLA's 2012 - 2014 Board of Directors are:
P. Diane Schneider
Have you read the ABA Standards for Language Access in Court? Find this new resource here.
Language Access Updates
- Click LINK below for more information on WASCLA Tools for Health , Apr 17
- Know Your Rights Flyer - English , Apr 17
- Language Access Update - September 2013 Minutes , Oct 3
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Implementation & Language Access Measures , Jun 10
- Cultural Competency and Implicit Bias , Jun 10
- View more